Monday, October 5, 2009

creative reflections



I just counted at least 10 unfinished art/craft projects scattered around the house, sitting accumulating dust and guilt. Some are years old. I have a very patience husband who only complains if he bangs into one with his foot.

The kids are used to it, I once took 2 years to make a five year old her special chosen outfit. I did managed to squash her into it, the pants just became 3/4 leggings, the top a crop top. More guilt! I have a problem completing work at home. There is always something else to do, eat, have another coffee, go for a walk, read, bake, a glass of wine, eat. The list goes on....

So work changed and I have taken a leap of faith and have set up in a shared studio in North Melbourne. I love working with clay, porcelain in particular. Its so fluid, moving easily, I love the process from start to finish. Away from home I am absorbed in a creative process with no interruptions, we all need alittle creative place of our own.

2 comments:

  1. So Proud of U!!!
    I can totally relate to the 5 projects on the go. Since it's only me I'm the one bumping into things. However due to my spare room it does get all thrown in there and the oh so perfect act of closing the door comes into to perfect practice. Especially with surprise visits of friends and family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay nicky, you rock I love you <3

    ReplyDelete